My kids love cupcakes and they especially love being part of the baking process which culminates in them pouring sprinkles all over the top to decorate post frosting. In the end we have sprinkles all over the kitchen, empty bottles of sprinkles (those things add up!) and cupcakes that crunch when you eat them. Next time I make cupcakes with the kids, I'm trying this for an easy and less messy approach that will still delight! Thanks, Lisa Gofberg for the great idea! What You'll Need
- Package of cake mix with required ingredients
- Bag of standard size marshmallows
- Gumdrops (any color)
1. Make cupcakes using cake mix as described on box.
2. Bake, cool and frost.
3. With kitchen shears, cut marshmallow in to circles. (I was able to get four circles per marshmallow)
4. Squeeze one end of each marshmallow to make it look like a flower petal.
5. Place six marshmallow petals around each frosted cupcake to create the flower.
6. Place a gumdrop in the center.