My kids love the playground. We have been to quite a few in the area over the years and definitely have our favorites.
Most of these parks have walking trails, pavilions, grills, and many other wonderful features as well so click on each link to find out all they offer!
- Hounz Lane Park - This is a smaller park, with one playground area, but both my younger and older kids do well on it. There are also swings and a wonderful creek that you can explore. Click here for our review.
- Marshall Playground & Sprayground at The Parklands - This is a relatively new playground that has areas for older and younger kiddos. It also has a great splash park, creek access, and lots of walking and hiking trails.
- E.P. "Tom" Sawyer Park - Great park with 2 playgrounds, swings, walking paths and lots of natural areas to explore. Click here for our review.
- Long Run Park - A great playground that is usually pretty empty. It has a splash pad and is great if Beckley Creek is too busy. There is also a lake there to explore.
- Robsion Park - In Lyndon, this playground has 3 areas for little, bigger, and even bigger kiddos. Plus, a walking path. Bring sunscreen though, there is not a lot of shade. Click here for our review.
- Douglass Hills playgrounds - Warren Walker Park is a great little fenced playground by the pool in Douglass Hills. There is also a second playground, Bill Lile Running Creek Park, off of Running Creek Road is one of our family favorites. There is no bathroom here though. Click here for our review of Warren Walker Park.
- Lake Forest playgrounds - Lake Forest has three playgrounds inside the neighborhood
- Berrytown Park - This is a Louisville Metro Park that has been a bit neglected. But it is a fun place to play and not usually busy at all.
- Crosby Park in Middletown - Little playground next to the ball fields in Middletown.
- Warwick Park - Great little park near Lyndon. Good for all ages. No mulch, this is one of the only parks around that has a soft surface instead. Walking track and port-a-pot bathrooms.
- The Forest Friends playground at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve - This is a growing, nature-influenced playground that we love. They are adding more to it all the time and is perfect to play on after a hike.
- Hays Kennedy Park - 7003 Beachland Beach Rd, Louisville, KY 40059
- Wendell Moore Park - 107 acres, lake for fishing, paved walking trails, tennis courts, pickleball courts, disc golf course, dog park, covered picnic shelters
- Briar Hill Park - A great little park outside of Crestwood with a playground, pavilions, walking trails, sand volleyball, tennis and basketball courts.
- Morgan Conservation Park - 217 acres, hiking trails, covered picnic shelter
- Schamback Park at Westport - 5 acres, riverfront, boat ramp, fishing dock, covered picnic shelter
- Peggy Baker Park - 25 acres, paved walking trail, dog park, covered picnic shelter
Do You Want FREE Usborne Books? Contact me to host a book party!
Macaroni Kid Louisville East - Find your family fun, Subscribe today!
Macaroni Kid Louisville East is your source for great kids activities and family events in the East Louisville and Oldham County areas, including Middletown, Lyndon, Anchorage, Prospect, Crestwood, Pewee Valley, La Grange and everywhere in between!